Dream Me, Kathryn Berla

Picture is mine.
I want to thank Kathryn Berla and Amberjack Publishing for sending me an ARC of this book.

The Blurb 

Zat is a dreamer from the distant future—a time when humans no longer dream and Earth is a desolate wasteland. He dreams of the beautiful Earth of the past, and a fiery-haired beauty named Babe. Against the wisdom of his peers, Zat decides to risk everything to travel back in time and live in Babe’s dreams…

Babe is the perpetual new girl in town. Her father's job frequently moves the family around the country, and Babe just longs for a place to call home. As she settles into the sleepy town of Sugar Dunes, Florida, Babe begins to have strange dreams of a green-eyed boy named Zat. Night after night, Babe shows Zat her world. But the dreams come at the cost of nearly crippling migraines every morning. Babe’s life outside of her dreams pales in comparison to her growing love for Zat and their time spent together.

But the more time Babe and Zat spend together in her dreams, the more Babe’s pain increases, and Zat begins to question the reality of his existence. How can he live a life with Babe, when all they have is her dreams?

Can a dream become a reality?

My Thoughts

This book is a little confusing for me, I'm not going to lie. And in a way, I like that it is confusing. It was mostly what made me want to read more of Zat and Babe's story.

The style is as good as usual: I loved the atmosphere created by the author, as well as the fantasy/science fiction world building part of the plot. It was a nice touch, and an original one too. I like the idea behind it, truly.

What I also liked was the pattern behind the story telling, with almost a dual perspective coming from the main character: Babe's own voice (which I loved), her voice through her blog posts, and Zat.

I think in the end the story was a nice blend of intriguing characters, curious plot and nice writing, so it worked for me!

Selected Quotes

  • "Life had never been easy and there was no reason why it should start now." 
  • "I was living my days just for my nights." 
  • "You'll never fail if you never try, but you'll never be happy either."
★★★★

Links 

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés